- Analysis of your profile
- Eligibility criteria
- How to apply for a student visa?
- Checklist of Documents Required for visa Application
- Visa Fees Information
- How/where to submit the Documents for Visa Application?
- Embassy of the Republic of Malta in Nigeria
- What is the Student Visa Processing Time?
It is always a great struggle for students to search for a complete visa process from Nigeria to Malta. To make it a little easier for you to understand the process of visa and how to apply in colleges in Malta, this guide will help you through. Let’s start with the first step.
Analysis of your profile
Yes, it is important to consider all possible paths and opportunities, but it is even more important to assess your profile before diving into something you will later regret.
- Make sure your current degree has a relevance with your future degree
- Analyze your current subjects with that of the future degree
- Analyze your current educational status whether you have passed or failed any subjects
- Analyze your potential, which subjects are you best in
Eligibility criteria and requirements
- For studies lasting more than 90 days in Malta, a visa is necessary.
- Direct applications for student visas must be submitted to the Malta Consulate; a physical appearance may be required at the closest Consulate.
- Up to two months may pass before the Maltese student visa is given.
- The student visa gives a longer period than the visit visa does.
- The duration of a visa holder's stay in Malta is determined by their academic program.
- Please be aware that anybody applying for part-time daytime or evening courses who are not citizens of the EU/EEA will not be able to get a visa to enter Malta.
- ALL foreign students who want to stay at the university for more than three months (i.e., 90 days) must apply for an e-Residence Permit after arriving and registering.
- When a consulate requests an appointment, this may need to be planned up to 4 to 6 weeks in advance due to the restricted availability of appointment hours.
- The processing of the visa may need an extra one to four weeks after the appointment.
- As a result, it could take up to 9 weeks from the moment the application is submitted until the visa is actually awarded.
How to apply for a student visa?
- Prior to requesting a Malta Student visa in Nigeria, select the institution you wish to enroll in and submit an application.
- Pick up the visa application. An application for a student visa to Malta is available for download online. Complete the form, then print it. then obtain the documentation mentioned above.
- Send the paperwork to the VFS Global office or the embassy. The visa application fee may also be paid at the VFS Global office. After that, you wait for the processing of your visa application.
- Once your application has been finalized, you may pick up your passport and supporting documentation. If you submit your application through VFS Global, you can decide to have your passport and other necessary papers delivered to you by courier once your visa request has been reviewed.
Documents needed for the student visa application
- International passport with a validity of six months after visa expiry. The passport should have 2 blank pages at the end.
- Two passport size photos taken within last 3 months
- Letter of admission or acceptance from a college in Malta
- Proof of flight reservation - This is a document that includes your bio-data, airline, arrival and departure dates in Malta. Click HERE to make a free flight reservation (T&C apply).
- Authentic Schengen medical insurance. This is a certificate from a health insurance policy indicating that the insurer covers risks of 30,000 Euro. To order your insurance, go HERE.
- Bank statement of last six months with availability of cash in your account. Your account should have enough to cover the 4 years of residence and study cost. If someone else is covering your travel and lodging costs, you must also provide a copy of their passport and a bank statement from them.
- A letter from your sponsor - If someone else will be footing the bill for your education in Malta, you'll need a letter from them outlining their responsibilities to you.
- Educational documents including transcripts, certificates, WAEC certificates, diplomas etc.
- Visa application form
Visa Fees Information
Adult Visa Fees in 60.00 (USD)
How / Where to submit your documents?
You can submit your application to the high commission of Malta in your country
Contact Information of High Commission of Malta in Nigeria
Lagos: 108 Adeniyi Jones Avenue, Ikeja Lagos.
Local: 806 260 1996
International: +2348 06 260 1996
After the successful submission of the application, and paying the visa fee, Your visa process might take 15 working days.