- Analysis of your profile
- Eligibility criteria
- How to apply for a student visa?
- Checklist of Documents Required for visa Application
- Visa Fees Information
- How/where to submit the Documents for Visa Application?
- Embassy of the Republic of Malta in India
- What is the Student Visa Processing Time?
Are you tired of searching for a complete step-by-step process for visa application to Malta from India? Stop right there because we are here to teach you step by step to process student visas for Malta from India. Just follow us in this article and don’t miss the points. So, let’s jump to our first step
Analysis of your profile
Yes, it is important to consider all possible paths and opportunities, but it is even more important to assess your profile before diving into something you will later regret.
- Make sure your current degree has a relevance with your future degree
- Analyze your current subjects with that of the future degree
- Analyze your current educational status whether you have passed or failed any subjects
- Analyze your potential, which subjects are you best in
Eligibility criteria and requirements
- An international student must have a student visa or a Schengen visa to study in Malta with certain requirements and eligibility.
- A completed student visa application form
- A valid visa recognized by the government of Malta
- A passport size photograph (as per the requirement of the Malta Embassy/Consulate)
- An acceptance letter from the enrolled Maltese university
- A valid proof of medical or travel insurance
- A valid proof adequate funds to study in Malta with bank statements/travelers’ slip
- A flight ticket as proof of travel plans
- The visa application fee must be paid as per the Embassy’s/Consulate’s requirements
- Extra photocopies of the academic documents and the required documents
- Verification of current address
How to apply for a student visa?
An entrance permit to the Schengen Zone known as a student Schengen visa is given to third-country nationals who seek to enter and remain for brief visits in any of the member nations to study. This visa entitles the holder to a maximum of three months of stay inside the Schengen region.
- Download the visa form
- Fill in the information
Documents needed for the student visa application
- Two student visa application forms.
- Two passport-size photos as per the visa requirements.
- Travel medical insurance
- Original Passport with at least 3 months validity. Your passport must have at least TWO BLANK PAGES to affix the visa.
- Two copies of passport
- Exact amount of change for the visa fee & VFS logistic fee
- Adhaar card (along with a photocopy)
- A copy of the biometric info on your passport.
- An offer letter from the Malta university/college
- No Objection Letter from University
- Proof of payment of the university/college Tuition fee.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover your all expenses.
- Applicants are required to submit their bank statement along with the sponsor’s bank statement
- Proof of Visa Fees
View the complete checklist here - Click
Visa Fees Information
- Adult Visa Fees in Indian Rupees - 5878 (It might change as per the situations)
- Adult Visa Fees in Euro - 70 (It might change as per the situations)
- Service Charge of INR 2218/- and a Convenience Fees of INR 160/- payable for provision of multiple modes of payment.
For updated and detailed visa fees please click the link - Visa Fees Information - choose study/training from the dropdown bar - click on visa fees
Once the documents are completed, You need to submit your Student Schengen Visa Application to the Embassy / Consulate / VAC of your principal Schengen destination in your home country.
How/where to submit your documents?
You can submit your application to the high commission of Malta in your country.
Contact Information of High Commission of Malta in India
High Commission of Malta,
N60 Panchsheel Park,
New Delhi 110 017,
Monday to Friday from 09:00hrs to 17:00hrs
Tel: +91 11 47674900
Fax: +91 11 47674949
Emergency mobile number (strictly for genuine consular emergencies and only operational outside of office hours): +91 9910443535
Any visa-related queries must be submitted by email. Information related to visa applications cannot be provided via the emergency mobile number.
After the successful submission of the application, and paying the visa fee, Your visa process might take 15 working days. It could take 30 to 60 days for any exceptional cases.