- Analysis of your profile
- Eligibility criteria
- How to apply for a student visa?
- Checklist of Documents Required for visa Application
- Visa Fees Information
- How/where to submit the Documents for Visa Application?
- Embassy of the Republic of Malta in Ghana
- What is the Student Visa Processing Time?
It is often difficult for students to find a thorough visa process from Ghana to Malta. This article will assist you in better understanding the visa application procedure and how to apply to institutions in Malta. Let us begin with the first step.
Analysis of your profile
Yes, it is important to consider all possible paths and opportunities, but it is even more important to assess your profile before diving into something you will later regret.
- Make sure your current degree has a relevance with your future degree
- Analyze your current subjects with that of the future degree
- Analyze your current educational status whether you have passed or failed any subjects
- Analyze your potential, which subjects are you best in
Eligibility criteria and requirements
- To study in Malta for more than 90 days, a visa is necessary.
- The Consulate of Malta requires applicants to apply for student visas directly – a physical presence at the nearest Consulate may be required.
- It may take up to 2-3 months to obtain a Maltese student visa.
- Unlike the visit visa, the student visa is valid for a longer period of time.
- The visa holder may stay in Malta for as long as their academic program allows.
- Please keep in mind that non-EU/EEA citizens who apply for part-time day/evening courses will not be able to get a visa to enter Malta.
- Following arrival and registration at the University, ALL foreign students who want to stay for more than three months (90 days) must apply for an e-Residence Permit.
- The visa processing period may take an extra 1 to 4 weeks after the appointment.
- As a result, it might take up to 9 weeks from the time of application to the time the visa is eventually awarded.
How to apply for a student visa?
- Ghanaian citizens need to get a visa for Malta by going to the nearest embassy
- Fill the application form for Malta
- After filling, providing the required documents with your passport and make the payment and submit visa application at the embassy of Malta
- Once the visa application for Malta is approved, you will be notified by email
- Pickup your passport from Malta embassy
Documents needed for the student visa application
- 1 Visa Application Form
- 2 Passport Photo
- Health Document
- Negative COVID-19 PCR test result required for all international travelers coming to Malta.
- 4 Vaccination Document
- Original Passport or Travel document of Ghana with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Submit an official letter from your school indicating that you are in good standing and that you are registered for the upcoming semester.
- No Object certificate from School or University.
- Accommodation Bookings Hotel reservation(s) in Malta for the duration of your visit.
- Travel Insurance has a minimum cover of EUR 30,000.
Visa Fees Information
Student Visa Fees in 60.00 (EUR)
How/where to submit your documents?
You can submit your application to the high commission of Malta in your country
Contact Information of High Commission of Malta in Ghana
88B, Tabon Loop, North Ridge
P.O. Box AD330, Accra, Ghana
(+233) 30 825 1151
(+233) (0) 24 242 0804 / 0805 / 0806
After the successful submission of the application, and paying the visa fee, Your visa process might take 15 working days.