WHO WE ARE
World Learning Limited (Company Reg. No. C92577), trades as The School of Business & Management (SBM). SBM is licensed to operate as a Further Education Institution by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority (MFHEA), under licence No. 2021-015. The purpose of this educational establishment is to offer recognized British qualifications to Maltese, EU and International students at affordable rates. With over 25 years’ experience in education in various markets, we are excited to be extending our services to Malta. Our courses offer a wide range of skill acquisition opportunities in the form of accredited and recognized British courses. Our student success rate is an impressive one (on average 92%) which is a factor propelling us to bring this success to Malta.
The aims of SBM are student-centred, focused on an inclusive learning community offering a wide range of courses and disciplines that are steered to respond to the key segment of the region and the broader multicultural community. This will be achieved by engaging students in a unique experiential learning environment, producing skilful, innovative and entrepreneurial graduates who possess global and technical competencies.
Alongside great success comes responsibility and we have developed core values. These values are important to us because they define who we are and are shared by our students, colleagues, graduates, stakeholders and supporters. Our core values are:
- Accountability - Holding leadership accountable for implementing these institutional values.
- Ambition - This has driven us to where we are and will help us to achieve our growth plans.
- Communications - Ensuring that all communication is presented as a clear opportunity to students, staff, stakeholders and the results are transparent to all.
- Collaboration – Working hard towards achieving active collaboration between students, colleagues and external partners.
- Challenge - Embracing challenges and striving to stand out from other competitors.
- Community - Supporting and inspiring each other by creating more opportunities.
- Diversity - Improving the representation of minorities at all levels of the organization and integrating individuals of all genders, ages, races, religions and physical abilities by driving talent acquisition and management practices to achieve optimum results.
- External Relations - Engaging various external stakeholder groups which support and serve proactive talents values and interests.
- Impact - Making the exceptional happen with our non-conventional thinking, innovative ways of working and generating impactful outcomes.
- Inclusion - Creating an exclusive environment that promotes creativity, innovation and success.
About The Job
SBM is currently recruiting a qualified Retention Officer. The individual must be suitably qualified and enthusiastic to deliver a high quality, enjoyable and positive learning experience for our students.
Reports to: SENIOR RETENTION OFFICER
- Collect and maintain the daily attendance registers and input details into database.
- Maintain and update student database.
- File and record all documents provided by students to support absences and leave requests.
- Investigate all absences of students and ensure retention procedure is adhered to.
- Identify and monitor all ‘at risk’ students and instigate early interventions to support a resolution for irregular attendance.
- To participate in extra curriculum duties as and when necessary for the benefit of supporting students and college events.
- To liaise with tutors, accordingly, provide training and guidance if necessary.
- Liaise with Academic Officers to support students.
- To action attendance spreadsheets and analyse data for report findings.
- Provide support to students throughout their studies.
- Produce letters as per student and staff request.
- Deal with student complaints.
- Assist with administration duties as and when required.
- To perform ad hoc duties as and when necessary.
- To understand safeguarding and prevent policies.
- To participate in continuing professional development when it is necessary for the job role.
- To work in accordance with organisational policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant academic discipline (Essential).
- Experience in similar job role.
Experience & Position:
- Work experience in Education.
- Involved in the validation of new programs both on undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Experience in dealing with the students.
Posted on: December 12, 2022
Apply for this job