WHO WE ARE
World Learning Limited (Company Reg. No. C92577), trades as The School of Business & Management (SBM). SBM is licensed to operate as a Further Education Institution by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority (MFHEA), under licence No. 2021-015. The purpose of this educational establishment is to offer recognized British qualifications to Maltese, EU and International students at affordable rates. With over 25 years’ experience in education in various markets, we are excited to be extending our services to Malta. Our courses offer a wide range of skill acquisition opportunities in the form of accredited and recognized British courses. Our student success rate is an impressive one (on average 92%) which is a factor propelling us to bring this success to Malta.
The aims of SBM are student-centred, focused on an inclusive learning community offering a wide range of courses and disciplines that are steered to respond to the key segment of the region and the broader multicultural community. This will be achieved by engaging students in a unique experiential learning environment, producing skilful, innovative and entrepreneurial graduates who possess global and technical competencies.
Alongside great success comes responsibility and we have developed core values. These values are important to us because they define who we are and are shared by our students, colleagues, graduates, stakeholders and supporters. Our core values are:
- Accountability - Holding leadership accountable for implementing these institutional values.
- Ambition - This has driven us to where we are and will help us to achieve our growth plans.
- Communications - Ensuring that all communication is presented as a clear opportunity to students, staff, stakeholders and the results are transparent to all.
- Collaboration – Working hard towards achieving active collaboration between students, colleagues and external partners.
- Challenge - Embracing challenges and striving to stand out from other competitors.
- Community - Supporting and inspiring each other by creating more opportunities.
- Diversity - Improving the representation of minorities at all levels of the organization and integrating individuals of all genders, ages, races, religions and physical abilities by driving talent acquisition and management practices to achieve optimum results.
- External Relations - Engaging various external stakeholder groups which support and serve proactive talents values and interests.
- Impact - Making the exceptional happen with our non-conventional thinking, innovative ways of working and generating impactful outcomes.
- Inclusion - Creating an exclusive environment that promotes creativity, innovation and success.
About The Job
SBM is currently recruiting a qualified Information Technology lecturer. The individual must be suitably qualified and enthusiastic to deliver a high quality, enjoyable and positive learning experience for our students.
Reports to: Assistant Academic Manager
- To provide support for Academic operations, including the preparation of programming document and class management as well as effective liaison with the Lecturer.
- Coordinate with the lecturer’s schedule around students.
- To offer information on all enquiries (internal and external). This requires the person to have first-hand knowledge of all operations and activities of the department.
- Responsible for answering basic and complex queries from students and departments who have concerns about students e.g., basic queries may include providing manager with up-to-date funding information; complex queries could include concerns about a student’s well- being.
- Work with colleagues on induction week activities for new students.
- To work with students on a daily basis through face to face, email and telephone contact.
- To receive, collate and distribute all coursework for the assigned programmes.
- To act as the first point of contact in the Academic Department, to provide advice and help to all students with respect to academic issues, liaising with colleagues/Lecturer where necessary.
- To assist with registrations/enrolment of new students.
- Assigning students classes and timetables on CRM.
- Following up on student’s coursework and monitoring of student progress with lecturer, particularly regarding attendance and coursework deadlines.
- To assist the organisation of the internal and external examination boards, and to take an accurate record of the meetings.
- To assist the maintenance and updating of databases (CRM) and ensuring policies are adhered to.
- Carrying out regular student surveys and feedback to evaluate the quality and standards of live programmes.
- To work on Turnitin reliably and fairly.
- Maintain students at risk records with the outcomes of interventions.
- To maintain CRM/VLE for assigned courses, posting material and ensuring the students have the required access to them.
- Termly update of student records on CRM and files for audit purpose.
- To take part in Open Days and Visit Days to provide information to prospective students.
- Provide support and guidance to other functions of business, when and where required.
- Maintain the safeguarding and prevent duties.
- Ensure students are following the policies of the organisation, prevent strategy, ensuring safeguarding and health and safety of students like bullying, behaviour management and all rules are followed.
- Must be fully aware of all published emergency procedures.
- All members of the team have a responsibility for the welfare of our students and are expected to take ownership of any welfare issues that are raised.
- Undertake training and development, where necessary, in areas relevant to main activities and responsibilities.
- Prioritise own work within a general plan or schedule to meet deadlines and appropriate standards and assist other staff in planning for future work.
- To perform ad hoc additional duties assigned by the manager / departmental head.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant academic discipline (Essential)
- Experience in similar job role.
Experience & Position:
- Work experience in Education
- Involved in the validation of new programs both on undergraduate and postgraduate level
Posted on: December 9, 2022
Apply for this job